Sunday, August 3, 1980
Dear Diary, Today [childhood friend] came over to spend the night. But before she came, Mom and I went shopping. When she got here we played a couple games, and made pot holders. We got ready for bed at fifteen till eleven. We went to bed at fiffteen after eleven. We got to sleep about ten till twelve.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Dear Weblog, mornings are the worst time of the day. I know several people will disagree with me, and I secretly wish I would disagree with myself, but I just can't change the way I feel. And in the morning, I feel nuthin' but tired. Come to think of it, in the afternoon I feel nuthin' but tired too. It isn't until around 8:30pm that I have any energy. Hmmmm... that curiously corresponds with the time my kids are in bed.
Yes, I'm a night owl... because that's the only time of day when I can fly by myself. And fly, I do. It's amazing how much I can accomplish when the owlettes aren't making their daily demands. I could easily stay here in my office and work all night. Or I could read. Or work a jigsaw puzzle. Or watch a movie with [husband]. Oh, those things sound so wonderful!! Here it is 10:12am and I've got a list a mile long of things that need to be done... and I'm tired.
Perhaps I should go to bed at 9pm each night in an effort to trick my internal clock into thinking that 6am is really 10pm? If it weren't for the baby, I might just sleep all day and stay up all night.
...That's it! I've figured it out. I'm nocturnal. God mixed up the wires when He made me, that's all. Yup, and that explains why you sometimes see an owl sitting on a post in the middle of the day. I bet in her weblog she complains that she's hungry. Alas, we all have something to complain about, don't we?
So why bother?
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment