Thursday, July 24, 1980
Dear Diary, again we went to swimming lessons. Came back, washed the car and had lunch. Mom washed the other car and then went to buy Grandpa a hat. Then everyone voted for me with my Trix election kit. Then I watched T.V., Bionic Woman, and one of my favorites, Brady Bunch! Then I had supper, got my bath, watched T.V. and went to bed!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Dear Weblog, I am truly embarassed at my apparent childhood T.V. addiction. I wonder if I should stop blaming my poor parents for all my quirks and give credit where credit is due. Wonder Woman. Yup, she's to blame for everything from now on.
This morning Baby didn't want all of his oatmeal for breakfast, so I ate the rest. It's some organic brand, so unless I doctor it up with some cinnamon and brown sugar, it tastes like cardboard. There weren't any fun things to look at on the box, either. Drat. I remember those mornings spent staring at the back of a box of cereal. In fact, I relive it almost every day when my two older boys sit transfixed at the images on the back of their cereal boxes. I wonder if the folks who design those things realize what a truly captive audience they have. I mean, do they really give it much thought when they slap some hidden picture game on there? Wonder how much they get paid. I think I could do that job. How hard can it be?
Speaking of brown sugar, I spent nearly 45 minutes this morning "fixing" mine. Do you notice that the quality of brown sugar has deteriorated significantly over the years? I remember it being so soft and fluffy. Now, a brand new bag yields zillions of molasses rocks. I think the manufacturers are trying to save money and omitted the step where they sift those things out. They probably justify it by claiming they add fiber. I use it every morning (in Baby's cereal, remember?) so I finally said enough is enough. I dug around my cabinets until I found my almost-never-been-used sifter. Then I got a really good upper body workout as I proceeded to sift the entire bag (it was a new bag). Do you know those hinged hand exerciser thingies where you have to squeeze them really hard - do they even make those any more? Well, whatever muscle that thing works out ought to really be hurting me tomorrow cuz I worked it GOOD. But, I have beautiful brown sugar now!! Must be a pretty bleak horizon when the thing you're looking forward to is scooping a spoonful of brown sugar into your oatmeal.
But, alas, I DO have something REALLY exciting to look forward to!! Tomorrow is my 15th wedding anniversary! Hip Hip Hooray! Husband has to work tomorrow night, though. Shucks. But that's okay. Our celebrating will commence this weekend when he is taking me out of town to an undisclosed location! I can't wait! Grammy will be coming to corral the young'uns while I'm off to Husband-knows-where. I'm looking forward to not having an alarm clock on this journey (either the electronic kind or the lung kind)... I'm also looking forward to not having to cook, clean, or do laundry! It'll just be Husband and me... ahhhhhh... pure bliss! Why'd we ever have kids??? Oh yeah... cuz they're just so dang cute.
Baby has added a few words to his vocabulary (if you call "Momma" and "Dada" a vocabulary). He delights us with "Uh-oh" whenever something is dropped. Heck, we go around dropping everything in sight just to hear him utter those two syllables. He must think we're the most clumsiest people on earth. He also says something that resembles the word "cracker". Comes out "Cakaw". And today, when I grabbed a banana, I distinctly heard him say "Nanuh". Yes, I'm a proud Momma. The kid still can't walk. But he knows his food. I suppose we'll have to teach him some form of exercise to make up for the amount of calories he shovels in his mouth each day. Perhaps I'll let him sift the next bag of brown sugar.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Beware: if you have a lot of kids, you can no longer buy cereal in boxes and must buy the giant bags, which have no fun pictures or games. Am I depriving my kids? No, they have their game boys.
You can continue your t.v. addiction by watching the NEW Bionic Woman tonight on NBC tonight. Scott hasn't let me forget about it. We were both huge fans of Bionic Woman and Bionic Man. Whatever happened to them...
I remember Bionic Woman & Bionic Man and....WONDER WOMAN! I think Bionic Woman now sells sleep number beds? Hmm....her bionics must be getting "old!"
Post a Comment