Thursday, September 27, 2007

Spelling Lessons!

Friday, July 25, 1980
Dear Diary, we went to swimming lessons and I passed. I'm in inermedeit! Then we came home and got ready to go to [Mom's hometown, spelled wrong] to have the funerul for [Great Uncle]. But [brother] and I only went to the funerul home. [Sister, name spelled wrong] came later. When we got to [Great Aunt, name also spelled wrong]'s we stayed a little while. Then went to some Motell to get ready to go to the funerul home. [Brother], [cousin], [another cousin], and I didn't stay to long! We went to [unknown person?]'s house! Then we went back to [Great Aunt, still spelled wrong]'s house. Then we came back to the Motell and went to bed! It was late and we had a big day, so we were tired!

Thursday, September 27, 2007
Dear Weblog, that entry alone made me tired. It's very difficult to spell things wrong intentionally, but I'm trying to maintain the accuracy of this record. And all this coming and going, of which must've been of utmost importance since I felt the need to share it, gets a little tiring to follow. I also seemed to have a fascination with exclamation marks. I think that's another reason I get mentally tired when I read my early writing. If everything warrants excitement, it just wears you out. And what's with spelling my sister's name wrong??

Oh well. I must keep telling myself I was just a kid. I do remember that funeral, though. It was the first one I had ever gone to. I have some memories of that particular Great Uncle, but not many. I knew his wife much better (the one whose name is misspelled), as she passed away not quite two years ago.

As I mentioned earlier, I did take the animals - three of them - to the vet this morning. One dog, two cats, and a baby. Could've added the snake to the mix for a better story, but I don't think they vaccinate snakes. Wasn't a disaster as I feared. Worst part was the 15 minutes I spent hunting for one of the cats when it was time to go. Bring that cat carrier in from the garage and she's GONE! Other problem is that we only have one cat carrier. [Husband] and I tried to put boy kitty in a cardboard box and close it with a bungee cord, but kitty was too sly for us. No bungee cord was gonna hold him in that box. So... two cats in one small carrier, on their way to the vet. They were not a bit happy about any of the circumstances they found themselves in. Girl kitty had to put boy kitty in his place a few times on the way. I threatened them with the proverbial "don't make me stop this car", but it didn't work. (does it ever?) Vet made me borrow one of their carriers for the drive home. I guess he didn't see the potential profits of me having to turn around and bring them back in for nearly killing each other. Seeing as how I paid over $360 for this little excursion anyway, I gladly accepted his offer and had a peaceful ride home.

[Baby] is napping! When he wakes up, we'll have some lunch! Then I'll need to get some laundry done! Then the older boys will be home! I'll nag them to do their homework and chores! Then I will scrounge up something for dinner! And later, we have a Pack Meeting! When we get home, we'll start the bedtime dance! After that, I'm certain I'll be tired! So I'll go to bed! (you tired yet?)

PS: I told you Mom got her money's worth out of those swimming lessons. I may not have been able to spell very well, but I made it to inermedeit, by golly! Next step? Edvanst.

2 comments:

April said...

Wow! You made me want to cook dinner! and do laundry! and school with the kids! and chores! When you write with exclamation marks (or say those things excitedly) it sort of makes you think it's something fun! I have to go lay down the babies for their nap! (And that is fun!)

Sheldon said...

I remember my first fun..eral it was my Great Grandmother and I was very young. I can recall my Granddad being very upset and even my Dad crying. Now I've been to both of their funerals as well. I'm so thankful for the living hope that we have through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The body may perish but the soul is eternal!