Saturday, July 26, 1980
Dear Diary, Mom woke up and she got ready then she woke everyone else up! When we were all ready we went to [Aunt]'s. Then everyone went to [Uncle]'s funerul, exept [brother], [cousin], [cousin] and I. [Different uncle] took us to [his mom]'s house. Then [Uncle] took us back later on! We went to [Aunt]'s house for a little while. Then [brother], Mom, [other brother], and I went to [other Aunt]'s house to visit. Then we went back to [first Aunt]'s for a while then we went back to the Motell and went to bed!
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Dear Weblog, funerals aren't very fun when you're a kid. Obviously it involves a lot of running around visiting with relatives you may not know very well. I don't know how much I enjoyed it back then, but it's different now. I don't think of funerals as 'fun', but I do enjoy the running around and visiting with everyone - most of whom you haven't seen in a long time. I will get that opportunity over the next few days.
One of my uncles passed away yesterday morning. Our anniversary trip had to be postponed, and tomorrow [husband] and sons will have to fly solo while I fly to my hometown for the funeral. I will enjoy visiting with everyone, although I saw most of them just last month at our family reunion. We all knew we'd be gathering again soon, for this Uncle hasn't been well for quite some time. I have fond memories of growing up with him. He called me "Louey", which is my first thought when I think of him. Sweet memories. Sweet man. I'm sad for his passing, but I rejoice in knowing he is no longer suffering, his wife is no longer burdened with his constant care, and best yet - he is in a better place. I was told his last word was a gentle "Amen". Praise God.
Goodbye for now... love, Louey.
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you blogged today. Fridays are depressing blog-stalking days for me because you all meet or something and no one blogs. It's pitiful for me, really.
Post a Comment